It is Time To Utilize Your Insurance Policy
Since most homeowners insurance policies don’t cover the cost of repairs few people think to check with them when plumbing problems occur. Although they may not cover the repair, they will usually cover the value of damaged property including cleaning up after the repair. The scope of this type of project is typically not a diy plumbing repair project so you will want to find any way you can to help pay for it.
A few years ago a client had the misfortune of finding water seeping through a wall in their basement one spring. First this was blamed on a very wet season. Next, when dry weather came around and the leak was still there a basement waterproofing contractor was called in. It was no surprise when this contractor informed me that I had ground water and needed their expensive services. Since the company had a vested interest in me believing this they did not seem to feel the need to offer any other possible explanation. Based on the fact that the remaining 95% of the basement walls had no such problem a third opinion was in order.
The Atlanta plumbing contractor then made an unexpected suggestion – call my insurance company before starting the repair. That was when he explained that the insurance company would not pay for the repair, but they would pay for the cost of jack hammering up the living room, hall, and/or office floor to find the leak and cleaning up afterwards. He was also able to suggest an alternative solution that was cleaner and much less expensive and present it to the insurance company.
Two plumbing repair scenarios were proposed.
The first plumbing project would involve having the plumbing contractor find the leak under the living room slab, repair the drain pipe, and then replace the concrete and flooring to clean up after the project. As would be expected the estimate for this repair was on the high side ($4000+ by the time all the cleanup work would have been completed).
The second plumbing repair was considerably less intrusive – they would cap off the existing drain line (kitchen only) and reroute it through the joists in the basement and re-connect it to the main line outside the house. The only “heavy” work in this proposal was cutting a 6 inch hole in the exterior wall and digging a trench to run the new pipe to be reconnected. The remainder of the work amounted to a fairly simple plumbing repair. The net cost for this repair was about half of the first proposal.
This entire project demonstrated the value of a good Atlanta plumbing contractor. They was able to quickly identify the problem, propose multiple solutions, and help justify the payment by the insurance company.
This repair also demonstrated the value of a insurance company. The insurance company was willing to accept and pay for an alternative solution as well as inform the homeowner of all the expenses that should be recorded for reimbursement.
Tankless Water Heaters - Why You Must Install a Tankless Unit
When you have plumbing problems, and need to get the plumbing fixed, you need DIY plumbing repair. However, if repairing your plumbing is not something that you know how to do yourself, you might be wondering how you can learn this. There are many places that you can learn how to fix your plumbing problems yourself and you will not have to rely on a [post_name] plumbing contractor to come and do this job for you. More and more people everyday are starting to do their own DIY repairs from plumbing to everything else that might need it. But not everyone knows how to go about doing this. There are several places below that will be great for learning how to DIY.
As you can see, there are many places that you can go to learn how to DIY plumbing repair. You will find that the picturers you find in the library books will make the instructions seem easier, and if you happen to have a plumber friend, well that is the way to go for the easiest DIY job that you can do.
What Is DIY Plumbing Repair
One of the most versatile trades of all times is the plumbing trade. From laying out the piping of a structure to installing the hot water system of a building, a plumber can choose to specialize in a wide variety of tasks. Gas systems, clean water supply systems, drainage systems, kitchen plumbing systems to name but a few are all tasks that are carried out by plumbers. There are various aspects of kitchen plumbing systems which must be there for the kitchen to function in an efficient way.
What Kitchen Plumbing Entails
The kitchen is fitted with pipes which supply clean water and other pipes that get rid of waste water. There may also be pipes which supply gas to the kitchen, and the gas valve is usually located either on the floor or the wall. The hot and cold water valves are normally located under the sink. From the valves, supply tubes are connected to the faucet.
Maintaining Your Kitchen Plumbing
In order to keep your kitchen plumbing working well for you, there are a few things which you can do. Firstly, you should ensure that you do not pour grease and fatty substances down the kitchen sink. Instead of flowing down the drain, grease and fat get stuck to the insides of the pipe and when it accumulates, the drain gets blocked. You should also not throw leftover foods that are hard to grind in the garbage disposal.
- 24 Hour Emergency Plumbers Georgia GA
- Licensed Plumbers Acworth GA
- Commercial Plumbing Company Alpharetta GA
- 24 Hour Emergency Plumbers Atlanta GA
- Septic Tank Company Auburn GA
- Emergency Plumbers Austell GA
- Licensed Plumbing Company Avondale Estates GA
- Gas Line Company Blairsville GA
- Licensed Plumbing Company Bowdon GA
- Local Plumbers Braselton GA
- Licensed Plumbing Company Bremen GA
- 24 Hour Emergency Licensed Plumbers Buford GA
- Commercial Plumbing Company Canton GA
- Licensed Plumbing Companies Carrollton GA
- Emergency 24 Hour Licensed Plumbers Cartersville GA
- Septic Tank Company Cedartown GA
- Water Heater Company Chamblee GA
- Gas Line Company Clarkston GA
- Plumbing Companies College Park GA
- Water Heater Company Conyers GA
- Plumbing Companies Covington GA
- Gas Line Company Cumming GA
- Licensed Plumbing Company Dacula GA
- Septic Tank Company Dallas GA
- Plumbing Company Decatur GA
- Residential Plumbing Company Doraville GA
- 24 Hour Plumbers Douglasville GA
- Emergency Plumbers Duluth GA
- Plumbing Company Dunwoody GA
- Emergency 24 Hour Licensed Plumbers East Point GA
- Licensed Plumbers Ellenwood GA
- Septic Tank Company Ellijay GA
- 24 Hour Emergency Licensed Plumbers Fairburn GA
- Plumbing Companies Fayette GA
- Licensed Plumbing Company Fayetteville GA
- 24 Hour Emergency Plumbers Flowery Branch GA
- Plumbing Contractors Forest Park GA
- Emergency 24 Hour Licensed Plumbers Glen Haven GA
- Commercial Plumbing Company Grayson GA
- Commercial Plumbing Company Greensboro GA
- Emergency Plumbers Hampton GA
- Licensed Plumbing Companies Hapeville GA
- Plumbing Company Hiram GA
- Licensed Plumbing Companies Jasper GA
- Licensed Plumbing Companies Johns Creek GA
- Licensed Plumbing Companies Jonesboro GA
- Emergency Licensed Plumbers Kennesaw GA
- Gas Line Company Lake Lanier Islands GA
- Plumber Lawrenceville GA
- 24 Hour Emergency Plumbers Lilburn GA
- Gas Line Company Lithia Springs GA
- Septic Tank Company Lithonia GA
- 24 Hour Emergency Plumbers Locust Grove GA
- Licensed Plumbing Companies Loganville GA
- 24 Hour Emergency Plumbers Mableton GA
- Plumbing Companies Marble Hill GA
- Water Heater Company Marblehill GA
- Plumbing Companies Marietta GA
- Plumbing Companies McDonough GA
- Licensed Plumbing Company Milton GA
- Plumbing Contractors Monticello GA
- Plumber Morrow GA
- 24 Hour Plumbers Newnan GA
- Plumbing Companies Newtown GA
- Plumbing Companies Norcross GA
- 24 Hour Emergency Licensed Plumbers Peachtree City GA
- Local Plumbers Powder Springs GA
- Local Plumbers Riverdale GA
- Licensed Plumbers Rockmart GA
- Emergency Plumbers Roswell GA
- Septic Tank Company Sandy Springs GA
- Plumber Scottdale GA
- Plumbing Company Senoia GA
- Licensed Plumbing Company Smyrna GA
- Plumbing Company Snellville GA
- Septic Tank Company Stockbridge GA
- Licensed Plumbing Companies Stone Mountain GA
- Commercial Plumbing Company Sunny Side GA
- Emergency Licensed Plumbers Suwanee GA
- Plumber Tallapoosa GA
- Emergency Plumbers Tucker GA
- Licensed Plumbing Company Tyrone GA
- Storm Drain Companies Union City GA
- Residential Plumbing Company Villa Rica GA
- Local Plumbers Vinings GA
- Licensed Plumbing Companies Westoak GA
- Licensed Plumbing Company Woodstock GA